Friday 31 October 2014

Production Diary 6

This week I have been contemplating names for my magazine and artist names for the main  article artist.

Name of magazine:
For the name of the magazine I had 3 main ideas: POWER, Spark, Radio Rental. I chose "Power" for the name of my magazine, with this name in mind I did play with idea of adding "The" at the beginning of the word "POWER" but after having time to think I chose not to do this, this is as the word "POWER" alone is more bold and clear. Plus, using only one word is more likely to stick with people and be more remembered. Other magazines have done this before and have become very successful, such as "Vibe", "Kerrang" and "Clash".

Name of main article artist:
For the artist name I also had main ideas, after cutting down a few names I came down to two main ones: Darwin and Rambo. In the end I chose "Darwin", I chose this name as even though "Rambo" sounds quite tough and fierce, I chose "Darwin" in connection to Charles Darwin. I did this to make it seem, or give the impression that this artist in the main article is a pioneer/revolutionary figure in relation to new music, much like Charles Darwin to the theory of evolution.   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment