Friday 10 October 2014

Production Diary 5

This week I've been looking at music videos trying to identify which ones I think have really good styles for me to use for my music magazine. Whether that be the use of text or possible shots I could use for the photoshoot. Whilst looking through music videos I found one particular video in which I thought was especially apparent when looking at shots for my photoshoot. This music video was "Thank You" by Busta Rhymes. The video uses a certain shadowed effect, this effect made me consider using this style for my music photoshoot, for the main article story inside the magazine. Eventhough I want to use bright colours for the front cover, I think contrasting the colours for different sections of the magazine creates a unique style, which inturn will hopefully make my magazine stand and have a different feel.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhIrzbhEGvs- This is the link to the video.

Some shots used in the video:

Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 12.39.19 PM


As mentioned these shots have a certain shadowed effect, alongside coloured lighting. These effects make the rappers in the shot more prominent and bold. Further, a new perspective is given to the people in the video unlike most music videos where the people are usually seen in just one light, which is standard and uninventive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment