Saturday 1 November 2014

Production Diary 7

Now that I have chosen the name for both the magazine and name for the main article artist, I am now deciding on what style to present these names/titles in. I have researched many different styles. Through "style", colour and masthead type is included, for example; dark blue with the same style as kerrang magazine.

Colours:
For the magazine title colour I will use quite bright colour in order to grab the reader's attention, not only this but to also resemble the genre of music the magazine is about. Due to the magazine being about dance music which is an energetic style, the colour will consequently let the viewer recognise what the magazine represents. I will also use bright colours/ a bright colour to stand out from the imagery in the backdrop. I have thought about using yellow, bright purple, light green, or yellow and black together. Another reason to why the colours will be bright and such is because through the title "POWER" the colours must be representative of the title, or what the title intends to represent.


 Masthead Type:
This week I have been looking at different magazine masthead types, and the affect they have on the reader. In order to fulfil it's purpose the title must be very bold. I'm not going to use too much complex styled font, this is as I intend to make the title look very clear, and by making the masthead different (like kerrang) the reader's eye may be taken off of the title itself and more focused on how the title is presented. Magazines I've been looking at are: "Total Film", "Vibe" and "Blender". These mastheads are bold and allow the viewer to clearly see not only the name of the magazine, but what the magazine symbolizes if there is a specific meaning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment