Sunday 7 December 2014

Name ideas and explanations

1. Power
2. Spark
3. Bass Mode
4. Club
5. Electric Sound
6. Bouncin'
7. Overload
8. Record
9. Smash
10. Universal Sound


Reasoning behind a few of the names:
1. Power- This is the final name I have chosen to use for my music magazine. This name signifies many things. Power can be interpreted as being strong, bold, alive (energetic) and supreme. The feeling for the reader after buying 'Power' magazine is supposed to be one of uplifting self-morale and confidence, hence the name. By feeling this the readers will seemingly be more inclined to regularly buy the magazine due to the feeling they have gained previously. Further, in comparison to my other name choices this one, for me, fitted better in relation to my genre of music.

9. Smash- This was my second final choice for my music magazine. This much like 'Power' is a bold upfront type of name, but on the other hand, it seemed more aggressive and had a more negative edge to it, as it could've been seen to be representative of say a punch or something breaking. In relation to my genre of music for the magazine, the name 'Smash' could mean a break through in music, hard hitting new music or an alternative more unorthodox way of looking at music.

10. Universal Sound- This was my third final choice for my magazine. Out of all my name choices even though I ultimately prefer 'Power', this name has the most friendly tone and for a wider audience seemingly would be more fitting. But unlike my final chosen name, this one is more open to all genres of music from an outside point of view, whereas 'Power' you can see that it's probably going to be affiliated more with dance/energetic music, whereas 'Universal Sound' sounds as if it refers to lots of genres from all over the world.    

No comments:

Post a Comment